<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Clark Plug 

I had made a post about the possibility of Gen. Wesley Clark running for president in 2004, presumably on a Democratic ticket, a couple of months back. Since then, the tempo of the campaign to recruit Gen Clark has increased considerably. I have to say the more I see of Clark, the more impressed I am with the man. He is extremely sharp and articulate, and funny to boot. A Zogby poll released yesterday shows Gen. Clark actually beating Bush by 9 points in a blind-bio poll, and this without even officially entering the race. I think he would be a formidable candidate. There has also been some rumours about a possible Dean/Clark candidacy. I wonder how that will play out and whether Gen. Clark will provide Dean with the much-needed "national security" cover.

Anyway, I have decided to post my first political plug on the blog. This is directed especially at the Americans among you. Go to this website and make a pledge to donate to Gen. Clark's candidacy, if he decides to run. Of course, if he decides not to run, you dont lose any money, but if he does run, you honour your pledge. I would pledge some money myself, but since I am not an American citizen, I am not allowed to. Those of you who can, should.