<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 21, 2003

Britney does Bhangra 

I dislike Britney Spears's music. I dislike Bhangra. Enough excuse for this post, I guess. Fresh from smooching Madonna, Britney has now decided to use Bhangra rhythms for her comeback album/song/whatever. Apparently, British Asian producer Rishie Rich is remixing her new track. I presume this is an attempt at reinvention before people actually start to notice how bad the music really is.

Rich said that while bhangra had been established in the UK for a while, it has only just begun influencing music in the US and therefore Spears would be seen as at the cutting edge of musical change there.

Rich added that he felt the demand from music bosses for bhangra-flavoured hits was a response to the huge amount of manufactured music dominating the mainstream.


Hmmmmm, and I suppose Britney doing Bhangra is not manufactured?