<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

A Beautiful Day 




Here's another picture (click to enlarge) taken at the concert by my friend, Sam Polland. Though I have cut the picture down from 1.5MB to about 130kb, it still gives you an idea of how intimate the concert was. Sam was 5ft from the stage. Brooklyn Vegan has the best set of pictures I have seen thus far, including ones of U2 on the flatbed truck over Manhattan bridge.

The pictures reminded me again what an awesome day/night it was. The entire crowd singing along with songs from the then unreleased new album and Bono asking, "how do you know all this shit"? He then turned to the Edge and said, "Edge, I think I know where that album went." The band also comfortable enough with the crowd to kid around and even screw up Bono's guitar playing. As Bono clarified immediately, "you've just found out why I dont play the guitar in this band."