<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 23, 2005

The mother of all guest lists 

It's been a while since I've made a random U2 post. I guess the concert at MSG on May 21st is as good an excuse as any to make one. It was not quite as good as some of other U2 shows I have watched. I am sure the huge problem with scalpers must have played a part. This post, however, will pointlessly examine the guest list, the likes of which I have never seen at any concert anywhere. I figured David Bowie was somewhere in the crowd since they did an impromptu version of Bowie's "Jean Genie" and I also figured Jeff Sachs was around since "One" was dedicated to him. Only the tip of the iceberg, as U2.com now informs me. In attendance were Tim Robbins, Julia Roberts, Matt Dillon, Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, David Chase, James Gandolfini, Steve Van Zandt, David Bowie, Patti Smith, Phil Ramone, Depeche Mode, Mike D, Sean Combes, Scissor Sisters, Julian Casablancas from the Strokes, Helena Christensen, Christy Turlington, Jeffrey Sachs and Kofi Annan.

And I was stuck between a redneck from Jersey and a valley girl. Oh well.